03-18-2017 09:26 AM
i am trying to print from my laptop and it will not print
printer is showing connected to internet but still cannot print
i can scan from printer to email
i can print from my mobile only
tried to uninstall and install the software for 6 times but nothing worked
03-19-2017 11:11 AM
Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.
As I understand you are having printing issues on your HP DeskJet 5525 printer. I'll be really glad to help you with this,
To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:
Have you made any changes on the printer before the issue started?
How is the printer connected (USB/Wired/Wireless)?
In the meantime, let's try to make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.
Remove all the ink cartridges and then try to perform a hard reset on the printer.
With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
Remove USB cable, if present.
Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
Now insert the ink cartridges and then try to print a test page and check if it works.
If you’re running Windows, I would start by checking the installed printer software by downloading and running the HP Print and Scan Doctor. This tool can diagnose and fix many printing and printer software related issues. Please use this link to help you with that information: http://hp.care/2biN2XE
- First, assign a manual IP to your printer by obtaining the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.
- Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
- Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
- Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
- Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 126.96.36.199 and under manual alternate type 188.8.131.52 (This is Google DNS server address)
Now we need to reinstall the printer. Try the steps blow:
- Unplug the USB cable from the printer and computer if present.
- Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP DeskJet printer entries and uninstall them.
- Restart your computer.
- Now download the full feature software using this link.
- In the connection window, choose “wireless” and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the setup.
Let me know if that helps or if you need further assistance.
I am an HP Employee
03-19-2017 02:01 PM
i have tried all the options you have given me and still cannot print wirelesly
i can perform internal test page only and can send scan from printer to email only
the hp doctor is saying there is a problem with your software that cannot be fixed by this tool
it says also to uninstall and install the software which i have done more than 8 times till now
what other suggestions can you give as i am now frustrated that i cannot print from my computer
the printer was working fine a day ago
03-19-2017 04:20 PM
Thank you for replying,
I appreciate your time and efforts,
As I understand you have tried the steps suggested in the previous post and still having the issue.with the printer. Don't worry as I still Have a few other steps which should help you to resolve this concern,
Let’s try to fix this issue by doing a clean install. Follow the steps mentioned below:
First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
· Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Officejet printer entries and uninstall them.
· Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
· Restart your computer.
· Click the bottom-left Start button on desktop, type device manager in the search box and tap Device Manager on the menu.
· Once in device manager, click on the view tab in the top & choose “Show hidden devices”.
· Then from the device manager list, check the entries under “Printer” – If there are any entries, please right click and choose “uninstall” – In the confirm device un-install pop-up, make sure you select the box which says “Delete the driver software for this device".
· Also, check the entries under "printer queue" and "imaging devices" and repeat the same exercise. Delete any printer entry or any entry which says “Unknown device”.
· Once done, close device-manger. Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
· Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
· Again, go to run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
· Once done you can try cleaning out your temporary files and cached files. You can try using automated applications like some cleaner software's that you can download from the internet.
· Now restart your computer again.
· Open the Run window again, type “services.msc” and press ok to get services window.
· Scroll down to “Remote Procedure Call (RPC)” – right-click and go to properties. Make sure the service is started and startup type is “Automatic”.
· Now scroll up and go to “Function Discovery Provider Host” – right-click and select properties – Change the startup type to “manual” and start the service.
· Repeat the same exercise on “Function Discovery Resource Publication” as well.
- Click on the link below to install the full feature software for this printer.
- Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
If you are still facing the issues to remove the driver, then try using a 3rd party software removal applications like "Revo uninstaller" or "Wise" to completely remove the programs.
Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you.
If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.
And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.
I am an HP Employee
03-20-2017 01:43 PM
i have followed all the instructions and still no luck
when i try to print the printer icon in devices and printers changhes colour from black to grey and a pop up comes up saying
the printer job could not be completed because the printer is unavailable or not connected
check your cable or wireless connection and make sure the printer is powered on and ready
any more suggestions
03-20-2017 01:55 PM
Thank you for replying,
As I understand you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer drivers and still having the issue, I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support team for further assistance. They can remotely take the control of your PC and help you check the settings, please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.
Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:
Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.
They will be happy to assist you immediately.
Keep me posted for any other assistance,
If the information I've provided was helpful,
give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
I am an HP Employee