Yannick_0801
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

default connecting printer wireless

HP Recommended
ENVY 5640
macOS 10.12 Sierra

when i try to connect my printer with my imac (wireless) he keeps saying that "the network is secured with wpa2 - companylevel, and that this type of encryption is not supported" 

does anyone know what i can do about this?

translation in dutch: Het netwerk "Upgrade Estate Upkot" is versleuteld met WPA2 - bedrijfsniveau. Dit type versleuteling wordt niet ondersteund.

2 REPLIES 2
Dvortex
Retired
Retired
9,855 9,843 924 1,609
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @Yannick_0801 – Hope you are well 🙂

Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a fantastic location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

Going through your post, I understand that you are having issues with the wireless setup of your Envy printer with the MAC. First off, make sure the printer is connected to the network. If unsure, please follow the steps below:

1. Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not already turned on.

2. On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon (). The Wireless Summary screen displays.

3. Touch the Settings icon (), and then touch Wireless Settings.

4. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard, and then follow the instructions on the control panel to connect the printer to your wireless network.

Once the printer is connected to the network, try the steps below to install the printer on your MAC:

• Click the Apple menu icon, and then click “System Preferences”.
  • Click “Printers and Scanner” / “Print and Scan” or “Print and Fax”.
  • Right-click the blank space in the Printers list, and then click “Reset printing system”.
  • Click “Reset” in the confirmation window.
  • Enter an administrator username and password, and then click “OK”.
  • Wait until the printing system is reset and no devices show in the Printers list
  • Restart your computer and then go back to System preferences – Printers and scanners.
  • Click the “Add button” (+).
  • Find, and then select the name of your printer from the printer list, and then click “Add” to add your printer.
  • Click “Print Using...”, and then select the name of your printer (By default “AirPrint” would be selected)

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
CF4
Level 9
5,904 5,889 206 526
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

It has been deprecated (removed) from Sierra as I understand it.

The RC4 symmetric cipher suite is deprecated in iOS 10 and macOS Sierra. By default,
TLS clients or servers implemented with SecureTransport APIs don’t have RC4 cipher
suites enabled, and are unable to connect when RC4 is the only cipher suite available.

An upgrade of the iOS is the best/only answer  https://support.apple.com/macos/high-sierra
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation