cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MsJJ50
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

did a system recovery on my desktop, and now I can't connect to the Internet.

HP Recommended
18.5LCDMonitor, HPW185e
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I did a system recovery on my desktop, now I can not connect to the internet, I can't open up my browsers. . Please help. I have my wireless working on my laptop, but nothing on my desktop.

2 REPLIES 2
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,530
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MsJJ50

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP desktop computer with Win7. After performing a system recovery, I read that the desktop PC does not connect to the internet. The web browsers are not working. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Please let me know the exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l. The model no. provided by you is for the monitor and not for the PC.
  • Do you receive an error message while trying to open the web browsers or access the internet? Please try other web browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and check if that helps.
  • Is it a wireless internet connection or wired ethernet connection?

Please feel free to reply with the information. I'll watch out for your reply. Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
MsJJ50
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have more info about my computer. product # BT437AA#ABA, and finally model # is s5623w.  hope these are helpful to help with my situation. I have tried chrome, and firefox, but an error message comes up, no connection.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation