Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-15-2019 03:23 AM
so i have a old outdated pc i know this, but my ethernet port doesnt seem to work now that ive updated to windows 10. ive tried microsoft support theycouldnt find anytthing . tried updating drivers, nothing . any ideas ? email Dylantoonicee2gmail.com ontop of commenting on this thread dont know how the notifications work
01-16-2019 03:33 PM
Welcome to HP Support Community.
Please run the Windows Network Troubleshooter
- Select the Start button > Settings > Network & Internet > Status.
- Under Change your network settings, select Network troubleshooter.
- Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.
Also try these steps
- In the search box on the taskbar, type Command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator > Yes.
- At the command prompt, run the following commands in the listed order, and then check to see if that fixes your connection problem:
- Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
- Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
- Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
- Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
- Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
If the issue persists then reset the Network on the computer.
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network reset.
- On the Network reset screen, select Reset now > Yes to confirm.
- Restart the computer and keep me posted how it goes
Thank you and have a great day 😊
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community