Im-2_Puzzled
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

ethernet speed from a Netgear GS108

HP Recommended
Pavilion 20
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My PC ethernet speed measured with Ookla when connected directly to cable modem is 95 Mbps download and 45 Mbps upload. When connected through a Netgear Gigabit switch M/N GS 108, or a RAC2V1K Askey Wave 2 WiFi/ethernet switch I get from 20 to 35 Mbps download and 20 to 30 or so upload. As best I can tell, the PC has a 100 MB ethernet card in it but the 100 MB LED for the PC cable on the Netgear switch isn't lit. On the PC the 100 MB LED glows orange all the time, not yellow. The Netgear 100 MB LEDs  are lit for the connections to the modem and the switch. Had Charter out and was told to buy a new PC, but why is the speed up when not going through either switch. The PC and the cable modem are the only connections to the switch!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation