mpelbdbi
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

how do I unlock the wireless set up wizard on my HP officjet pro 6830

HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 6830
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

how do I unlock the wireless set up wizard on my HP officjet pro 6830 ? [It's locked by "administration"? Change this bogus feature, HP]!

2 REPLIES 2
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,531
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mpelbdbi

A very warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you. 

I understand that you have an HP Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One Printer and when you tried to setup the wireless setup wizard and it appears to be locked by the administrator. I'd like to assist you with this case.

I suggest you to perform a reset on the printer. This will completely restore the printer to its original factory settings and will also remove any administrator passwords. I have sent you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. 

I hope this does the trick. Let me know how this pans out. Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
Liamsjojo
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can someone send me the instructions to do a factory reset on my stupid hp 6830? Nothing Wireless will work, it states locked.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation