Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp 570-p033w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

bluetooth stopped working and no longer shows up in Device Manager. 

Under Universal Serial Bus Controllers

Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

Device status:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\5&1c50820b&0&10 was configured.

Driver Name: usb.inf
Class Guid: {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}
Driver Date: 06/21/2006
Driver Version: 10.0.19041.488
Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Section: BADDEVICE.Dev.NT
Driver Rank: 0xFF0000
Matching Device Id: USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE
Outranked Drivers: usb.inf:USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE:00FF2000
Device Updated: false
Parent Device: USB\ROOT_HUB30\4&3575bd5a&0&0

I tired updating/ downgrading/removing/reinstalling drivers.. nothing worked.

tried hp diagnostics - didn't find anything

I uninstalled windows updates 

installed all latest windows updates which also updated bios 

restored windows to earlier point and even did windows reset keep files... still no go

P.S. Wonder if power outage could cause issues? like if windows was updating when power went off... I am not sure if that's what happened, but it's just strange that after all things I tried it's still not working.

Does it sound like hardware failure? If "restore windows keep files" didn't help, what are the chances complete windows reinstall will? It may be easier to just buy bluetooth usb dongle

Please advise.

If you can point me to a specific driver(s) to install, I'd like to try that. 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Just curious, how long does it take to get a reply here? 

HP Recommended

is this support thing dead?

It's been 2+ weeks since I posted this issue and not one attempt to help????

outsourced support at it's best I guess...........

HP Recommended

@nikon5400

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and I appreciate all your efforts and expertise in troubleshooting this issue

Since the Reset didn't work, you could try a complete System Recovery to factory settings

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04758961

If the issue persists you need to contact HP Support for Service Options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I don't want to pay for the support. 

What they offer doesn't sound right

I spoke with hp tech support a couple of times asking only one question - give me the name of the driver I should use because your website for some idiotic reason lists a bunch of drivers for my serial number. they tried to convince me that this is how it should be... but hey - I'm a software engineer (somewhat logical person) they are not......

Serial number should identify the system and all components in that system... and I don't care what anyone thinks...

they want money for their support. I think $49 to subscribe to something and then $15 monthly. However, I told them I could go for it under one condition - I get 100% refund if they fail to fix my system. They said no, they must be getting paid for time spent on the system...

I said - "look, if you go to a shop to fix your car and mechanics spends time on it but can't figure out what's wrong with it and doesn't fix it... do you pay for the "repair"???"

He said "of course. the mechanic has spent time and must be paid. this is America (with an accent)"

So, basically, I know I'm dealing with California or Texas based (excuse me) MORONS... 

P.S. I like this desktop. Been using laptops for home use for the last 15+ years and I LOVE using desktop again, real keyboard which is always the same, no need to look for keys which are always in different places on laptops... (used to type 80 words a minute in school) However, due to the issue with bt I am forced to use usb keyboard, so I decided to use the one that came with the desktop... nice size, lightweight but something is not right with the keys. I'VE BEEN EDITING THIS RESPONSE 3 TIMES ALREADY, KEYBOARD IS A NICE LOOKING GARBAGE

HP Recommended

@nikon5400

You need to install the Bluetooth driver based on the wireless card installed on your computer (If it is a combo) or you can look for this information in the device manager and then download and install the driver accordingly.

I hope that answers your question.

Thanks!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.