1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

internet downloads stop or are extremely slow

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p7-1000 Desktop PC series
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

A few days ago downloading anything on the internet became difficult.  Downloads would stop midway through and hang or go extremely slow.  I tried  to download on opera 49,  Firefox 52.5.2, and IE 11.  All had the same problem.  Opera seems to be a little better than the others but the issue hasn't stopped after a few days.  Could it be my isp, my anti-virus showed no problems with the computer.  I am at a loss.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,398 2,349
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Brat8114,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!  I understand you are experiencing slow download on internet. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Did you make any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started?

Did it happen after an update?

Have you tried to update the network drivers?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory without erasing any personal data. Performing a power reset might fix conditions such as Windows not responding, a blank display, software freezing, keyboard stops responding, or other external devices locking up.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to update the Bios, on the computer from your PC from our HP support website, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

I have found a wonderful document which should help you resolve this issue, please go through this link: HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 7)

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation