Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy23

On a All in One Envy23 how do upgrade the WLAN adaptor to recognize 5G networks?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@LKBTWO This is something close to what you need, however, you are welcome to explore your options on other local/online stores such as eBay, Amazon, etc. as well: Click here to view.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@LKBTWO Welcome to HP Community!

Are you referring to 5G network or 5ghz frequency? either way, I'm afraid your device doesn't support 5ghz as its a Single band 2.4 GHz Antenna as per your product specifications: Click here to verify.

And since that's an All-in-one device there are no options to upgrade the existing adapter, although, you can get yourself an external wireless USB Dongle and use the same as a plug and play device.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That's what I thought.  Can you explain a bit more about the dongle and how that would work/help?  What I'm trying to do is just get some extra speed on internet and take advantage of our 5G network.

HP Recommended

@LKBTWO
Thank you for posting back. 

If you have only one device on which you'll want the internet connection, the dongle is enough for your need. If you have multiple devices which you'll be using from home/workplace, you can go for the 5g wifi hotspot based on availability in your region. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks!  Any particular one you'd suggest?

HP Recommended

@LKBTWO This is something close to what you need, however, you are welcome to explore your options on other local/online stores such as eBay, Amazon, etc. as well: Click here to view.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'll give it a try, many thanks!

HP Recommended

@LKBTWO The pleasure is all mine, 
Feel free to get back to us for any other queries as well,

have a good day, ahead & good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.