Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Z2 mini G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Z2 mini workstation arrived with no wifi card.  There is an m.2 slot for a mini size card (300 mm).  I have ordered an 

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 but there is no antenna in the Z2 system box,   so I need an install procedure or guide with sugested cable ways so that I can install the antenna cable before I install the card

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I have the same problem, I bought both things but the chassis of the z2 is surrounded by metal and has poor signal if the antenna left inside the box, I have the idea to leave the end of the antenna under the motherboard, in the others places I tried and I still do not get good signal.

I also tried to leave the end of the antenna on the sides but not very good signal
HP Recommended

Thanks Joel,  Very useful.  I also found out today that the recommended card from HP is the  Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265, 2230, 2x2 AC + BT, Vpro which is a newer card with a more complete BT spec.  BTW I could not get my Z2 to boot past the blue windows logo with the 7265 card installed.  I will post again after I get the new card.  I still expect to have a battle fitting the antenna onto the tiny connectors.  The first card went back to Amazon and they have refunded me.

HP Recommended

Dear Jaymex,

Could you tell me if this works with the 8265?

Specs of HP says Wireless card is optional but requires factory configuration.

I would love to hear if this works.

HP Recommended

Sorry no luck - had a friend look at the card and he has told me that the antenna sold with the card is not the right one.  The antenna conections are too big by I think 1mm.  We are trying to find smaller ones.  I am using the LAN connection which is fine for me.  I wanted the wifi for backup and for the bluetooth - I am using a dongle for that.  I will post when and if I get an answer to the problem. 

HP Recommended

Hi Jaymex,

the right antena's name (on AliExpress) for Intel Wireless AC 8265 is "IPEX MHF4 2"

Hope this helps you.

I ordered mine, they will be deliverd in 15 days. i will let you know if they work for me

HP Recommended

Does it work? I am also looking for the right wlan board for my Z2 G3 Mini

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.