3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

my desktop WiFi gone missing

HP Recommended
hp omni
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

hi,

my wifi suddenly disappered as if it got deleted or misplaced. i have tried to get the problem solved but i have no idea on how to solve it. i need to get my wifi back on my desktop asap. please help me, thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,615 24,267 2,834 10,359
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@temmyalex, welcome to the forum.

Here is a guide that may help you solve your problem.  If not, I suggest that you contact your Internet Service Provider for help.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
CF4
Level 9
5,904 5,889 206 526
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

It may be faulty hardware, or a lost/corrupt driver or config file.

Getmac All.png

systeminfo
ipconfig -all

netsh wlan show interfaces
netsh wlan show drivers
0 Kudos
temmyalex
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

how can i get such hardware or driver back? am i to download it or how else should i go about it?

0 Kudos
CF4
Level 9
5,904 5,889 206 526
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

I dont know.

If you could run the commands I listed, but forgot to ask for the output from, then it may show what is missing.

Then it may be possible to point you in a better direction.

0 Kudos
temmyalex
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i ran all the commands but it replied "there is no wireless interface in the system"

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation