Level 1
6 3 1 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

network conection lost to laptop. can't print

HP Recommended
ENVY 4501
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Had to replace system hard drive on desk top. Installed HP soft ware as well as many backed up files.

Now laptop network conected won't print unless I  turn off wireless on the 4501 printer

and turn it back on. Printer and laptop on the same WiFi.

1 REPLY 1
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,061 25,939 1,432 1,500
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@PUDDLER

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP ENVY 4501 Printer. I understand that there is some network issues while printing and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting.

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

Are you getting any error message while printing?

Meanwhile:

Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to check connectivity.

1. From the computer you are trying to print from, download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor. When this link is clicked, HP Print and Scan Doctor is downloaded using your Internet browser's download capabilities.

2. After opening Print and Scan Doctor, read and respond to the screens to resolve the problem.

Set the default printer and unpause printing.

Reset the printer and check the connection status.

Make sure the correct port is selected.

Update the printer firmware.

Create a manual connection.

Add the printer using HP Printer Assistant.

Click here and refer the document to perform the above steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation