Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq Dc7700S
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I installed a new HD and Windows 7 pro on my (hp compaq Dc7700s/E6400/80hnw/1.0R/V3k US).  All drivers installed successfuly except the network driver.  I have visited the HP Support Driver Site and downloaded the 5 drivers listed under the HP Compaq dc7700 Small Form Factor PC, Product #RS420US. The original OS was WindowsXP Home. Now I have installed Windows 7 pro.

I need to find the proper DRIVER.

Thank you Rudyx

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

If my memory serves me right, the Intel ethernet driver on the support page doesn't work.

Try the one directly from Intel...

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18713/Ethernet-Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-7-...

If that doesn't work, please post the hardware ID for the device you see listed in the device manager labeled as an ethernet controller.

Use this guide for how to find the hardware ID for a device...

https://www.howtogeek.com/193798/how-to-find-drivers-for-unknown-devices-in-the-device-manager/

HP Recommended

Attempted to install PROWin32.exe

Error message cannot installer drivers. No Intel(R) Adapters are present in this computer.

Next tried PROWin64.exe.

Error message This version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you’re running. Check your computer’s system info to see whether you need an x86 or x64 version.

Next as requested I retreived the hardware  ID's see below.

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2994&SUBSYS_2801103C&REV_02
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2994&SUBSYS_2801103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2994&CC_078000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2994&CC_0780

Thanks Rudyx

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That is not the ethernet driver you need.

You need this driver for that ID...You will have to manually install this driver if the auto install method doesn't work.

This package contains the Intel Host Embedded Controller Interface (HECI) driver for access to Active Management Technology (AMT) as part of the Intel Digital Office Initiative for the listed desktop models and operating systems.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp34501-35000/sp34743.exe

If the ethernet adapter is missing a driver, it would be labeled by Windows as an Ethernet Controller.

If you don't have wired networking capability and the only device that needs a driver is the one above, then either the onboard NIC is disabled in the BIOS, or the ethernet chip on the motherboard has failed.

HP Recommended

WoW made great progress.  It added or now displayes multiple listings under SYSTEM DEVICES.  Only one ( Intel Mgmt Engine Interface) has the yellow exclaimation point.

What should I do next?

Rudyx

HP Recommended

Now the divice error code under Mgmt Engine Interface is Device connot START code (10). 

How do I install it manually?

Rudyx

HP Recommended

Sorry that you are having issues with that driver.

Try this...

Go to the device manager.

Click on the problem Intel Management Engine Interface driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp34743.

Make sure the include subfolders box is checked and see if the driver installs that way.

If not, right click on the device, select Uninstall, check the uninstall driver box, restart the PC and try the driver directly from Intel instead.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/10895/Intel-Management-Engine-Driver-for-963-and-965-Chips...

HP Recommended

First thank you for your repeated assistance and responses.

I tryed your last 2 sugguestion and I still have a Yellow Exclamation Point over the Intel Mgmt Engine Interface (MEI)

I have deleted and reinstalled several times.  When I manually install the driver for the Intel MEI (allowing it to search in all subfolders under the (swsetup folder)  it tells me that Windows has determined that I have the latest driver. Next I try manually again pointing to specific subfolders and the last response was the Intel MEI cannot start Code 10.

I'm at a lost.  Any other sugguestions.

Thanks Rudyx

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately that is a known issue with some dc7700 PC's.  

I don't know if there is any solution to the problem.

The driver refuses to install no matter what you do.

You don't need the device to function, unless your PC is connected to a corporate network and is managed remotely.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.