Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One 24-xa1007
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to extend and duplicate my Lenovo Laptop display to my AIO.  The laptop has Windows professional 10 and AIO windows 10 Home. I have tried HDMI interconnections, ethernet and crossover ethernet and am getting nowhere. need help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Geriatrix314 --   it seems that solution require Windows professional on both machines. So it's back to the drawing board.

You do not need to back-track that far. There are many other "screen-sharing" apps, such as TeamViewer, that allow the video-output from one computer to be viewed on another computer.

Perhaps a docking station is the answer?

Too complicated. 

But, if you have another monitor, directly connect it to the laptop's "video-out" port. Then, you can "duplicate" or "extend" the video-output from the laptop onto the secondary monitor, if that is your goal.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Geriatrix314 -- I am getting nowhere

Unfortunately for you, that is to be expected. Your All-In-One may have a few "video-out" ports, but it probably has no "video-in" ports.

If you connect the two computers via a "crossover" Ethernet cable, then you can use RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) to take control of the other computer from your computer. Then, any keyboard/mouse action on your computer will be sent to the other computer, and you will see the video-output from the other computer in a window on your computer.

HP Recommended

Many thanks, but that also does not work it seems that solution require Windows professional on both machines.

So it's back to the drawing board.

HP Recommended

@Geriatrix314 --   it seems that solution require Windows professional on both machines. So it's back to the drawing board.

You do not need to back-track that far. There are many other "screen-sharing" apps, such as TeamViewer, that allow the video-output from one computer to be viewed on another computer.

Too complicated. 

But, if you have another monitor, directly connect it to the laptop's "video-out" port. Then, you can "duplicate" or "extend" the video-output from the laptop onto the secondary monitor, if that is your goal.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.