cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rls7272
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

printer is conneted to router but computer will not print or scan to it wireless.

HP Recommended
HP photosmart 5512 all-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

the printer is conneted to router. One day it would print and scan wireless the next I have to use usb cable. Have done all HP troubleshooting with no results. Turned everything off and rebooted every thing and downloaded the printer program but still will not work. I have reset the printer at least 6 times and it still will not work. Only thing I have not done is deleat the program and reinstall it. I have the disk but it was for windows 7

1 REPLY 1
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 487 951
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @rls7272

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you have to reinstall the printer every other day, is that right?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Are you using a dual band router?

Note: HP Printers do not work or connect to 5Ghz networks. If you are using a dual band router, please give different names to 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz networks and connect the printer to the 2.4Ghz network.

Please follow the procedure mentioned below to cleanly uninstall and reinstall the printer. 

Once you have reinstalled the printer, assign a manual IP address to the printer and the printer will be stable over the wireless network. 

Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button (Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)

Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it. (Right-click on the Windows button to access device manager)

Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top. 

Click on print server properties. 

You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there, if any.

Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.

Restart the PC.

Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box, 

Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.

It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files, ignore them).

If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.

Restart the PC again. 

Download the latest full feature driver from www.hp.com/drivers and install it on the computer.

Power On/Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer. 

Once you are able to print after the reinstallation, follow the procedure mentioned below to assign a manual IP Address to the printer. 

• Obtain the IP address of the printer (which can found by pressing the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel)
  • Enter the IP address on the web browser (Ex: chrome, IE) to enter the printer EWS page.
  • Go to the “Network” tab, click on “Wireless (802.11) then click on “Network address (IPV4)
  • Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation