Did you mean: 
MANDEMAR
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

printer prints very faint on pro jet 8500

HP Recommended
mandemar

I have a pro jet 8500 printer. It is printing very faint. I just put in new ink but still have the problem.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,614 3,972
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MANDEMAR

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand the HP printer prints very faint on Officejet Pro 8500,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Was the printer idle for a long time (days or months without usage) before the issue occurred?
(If yes, followed the steps mentioned on this link: Click here for steps)

Which Operating System are you using along with the printer?

Are you using Genuine HP Ink Cartridges?

Did you check the paper to ensure it's not curled or wrinkled?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

Solution one: Use genuine HP cartridges

HP recommends that you use genuine HP ink or toner supplies. HP cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of non-HP or refilled cartridges. If you do not use genuine HP cartridges, the steps in this document might not resolve the issue. To check the authenticity of your cartridges, go to hp.com/go/anticounterfeit.

Solution three: Check the paper

Follow these guidelines to make sure that the paper you are using is appropriate for the print job. If it is not, reload the printer with an appropriate paper type.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation