Level 1
13 11 0 0
Message 1 of 14
Flag Post

projecting to tv

HP Recommended
envy laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, i am trying to project my laptop envy screen onto my tv via my android box which has build in miracast, both the box and the laptop recognise each other and connect with no problem, however the tv screen remans blank, i have uninstalled and re-installed the graphics drivers, i have also clicked on the various change projecting modes but nothing seems to work, i was about to buy another hp laptop with the same spec for the same projecting reasons, however if i cant find a solution to this one, then there seems no point, i know the casting works as i often cast my phone to the android box using the same procedure, any advice please?

thank you

sorry i have just realised this post is in desktop, it shoupl be in notebooks 😞

13 REPLIES 13
ILEAJE_TOSIN
Level 1
13 11 0 2
Message 2 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Good day,

On the projecting issue am trying to get your point here but further trobleshoot before concluding the result, here is my sugestion:

- Turn on the laptop and the TV make the VGA is in good condition advice to have to pair of VGA to be sure if that is done connect both device togehter then press the 'fn' button which is a special key with the projector sign on the keyborard that shold solve it.

Hope it helps, regards.

0 Kudos
michaelf2
Author
Level 1
13 11 0 0
Message 3 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, i'm sorry i dont quite understand what you mean with VGA? i am connected via wireless, both the laptop and the android box are connected via miracast, but the screen from the laptop will not project? i have tried different projecting modes but the screen reamains blank then after a while disconects?

any advise?

thank you

also the fn button does nothing

0 Kudos
ILEAJE_TOSIN
Level 1
13 11 0 2
Message 4 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, Since you connected to miracst have you tried to connect up with another device to be sure if it not fault from the TV, please shed more light.
Thanks

0 Kudos
michaelf2
Author
Level 1
13 11 0 0
Message 5 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

es my samsung phone connects via the miracast to the box and the tv?

0 Kudos
ILEAJE_TOSIN
Level 1
13 11 0 2
Message 6 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok, try your HP Envy with a VGA cable to the TV let the if there is a connectivity issue.

0 Kudos
michaelf2
Author
Level 1
13 11 0 0
Message 7 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi, there is only hdmi out and it works perfectly? 😞

0 Kudos
ILEAJE_TOSIN
Level 1
13 11 0 2
Message 8 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, Ok good troubleshooting you did with the HDMI is your wifi on i meant that of your system and TV? 
Try close the miracast and check for troublshooting maybe it will come with error code don,t get tired let solve it togehter before you can conclude. Thumbs

0 Kudos
ILEAJE_TOSIN
Level 1
13 11 0 2
Message 9 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Check the HDMI with your laptop and TV, okay.

0 Kudos
michaelf2
Author
Level 1
13 11 0 0
Message 10 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

everything is fine, the laptop will not project 😞

thank you

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation