Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0034
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My ping is very unstable during games; every 8 seconds or so my ping spikes, making the game unplayable. I thought it was my internet provider at first, but nothing works after many tries. I even tried updating but it says I have the latest version, uninstalling and reinstalling, nothing worked. I have also found out recently that many people have the same problem. 

- realtek rtl8822be 802.11ac pcie adapter

- PC: OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0034

SSID: 
Protocol: Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac)
Security type: WPA2-Personal
Network band: 5 GHz
Network channel: 44
Link speed (Receive/Transmit): 780/780 (Mbps)
IPv6 address: 
Link-local IPv6 address:
IPv6 DNS servers: 
IPv4 address: 
IPv4 DNS servers: 
Manufacturer: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
Description: Realtek RTL8822BE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter
Driver version: 2024.0.10.215
Physical address (MAC): 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I recommend this one...

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # L35282-005.

You should be able to find this card on eBay.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

l35282-005 | eBay

It is out of stock at the HP parts store.

HP Parts Store - HP Computer Parts - HP Printer Parts - Compaq Parts

Just be real carful when removing the antenna wires..

I broke the terminals off an Intel 7265 card when trying to upgrade it, and had to dig them out from the antenna connectors.  Not fun!

Before you replace the card, uninstall both the Realtek Wifi and bluetooth adapters in the device manager, and check the uninstall driver box.

Shut down, unplug the PC and replace the wifi card.

W10 should automatically install the drivers, but you can get the latest ones directly from Intel.

Search - Intel.com

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is a newer driver than that one, but I don't know if it will resolve the problem you are having.

2024.0.10.223      05/21/2021

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp121001-121500/sp121426.exe

The Realtek cards are lousy, and have lots of issues.

Replacing the card would probably be your best option, but the antenna wires are very delicate and prone to breaking.

HP Recommended

which card would you recommend me to replace it with?

HP Recommended

I recommend this one...

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # L35282-005.

You should be able to find this card on eBay.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

l35282-005 | eBay

It is out of stock at the HP parts store.

HP Parts Store - HP Computer Parts - HP Printer Parts - Compaq Parts

Just be real carful when removing the antenna wires..

I broke the terminals off an Intel 7265 card when trying to upgrade it, and had to dig them out from the antenna connectors.  Not fun!

Before you replace the card, uninstall both the Realtek Wifi and bluetooth adapters in the device manager, and check the uninstall driver box.

Shut down, unplug the PC and replace the wifi card.

W10 should automatically install the drivers, but you can get the latest ones directly from Intel.

Search - Intel.com

HP Recommended

thanks so much for the help and suggestion! 🙂

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.