Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 870-130VX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I remove the top bezel on HP 870-130vx to replace wifi antenna 

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@bibeau1

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

You need to slide the side panel to open it

Link: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05185359

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for getting back to me.  I have been able to remove the side panel (easily) and the front bezel but I am having trouble with the top bezel.  The antenna wires go thru an access in the metal case and are under the plastic top bezel. I have looked at numerous hp videos and none show this step.  I dont want to force anything.  It looks like it may slide to the rear but the metal bezel that holds the usb ports may come straight up.  Thanks for your help on this.

HP Recommended

@bibeau1

It is not recommended to remove the top panel since it is not a removable part

Could you send a picture of the bezel which you are trying to remove?

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

IMG_0787.JPGIMG_0788.JPG

HP Recommended

I can get the front and side off ok  but not the top.

HP Recommended

@bibeau1

You have mentioned that you would like to remove the top cover but the images you have sent are not of the top cover. We will need a view of the top cover to check if it is removable. 

Keep us posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The images are most certainly of the top or uppermost plastic bezel with ridges.  I am capable of removing the metal side panel and the front plastic bezel.  If you don't know how then please say so.  I assume it slides off but I am not sure and I am looking for someone who has taken it off to access the wifi antennae underneath , probably between the metal case and the plastic bezel.

HP Recommended

@bibeau1

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggets you contact the local service center and replace the wifi antenna. They will help you.

Have a  nice day!!

HP Recommended

Hi   I solved it myself.  FYI there is a release on the inside of the computer located on the top that secures the bevel from travelling backward.  Pressing the release and sliding the bezel backward and removing it provides access to the two wifi antennas. 

Thank you 

Have a nice day!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.