Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Example: Envoy
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Just installed an Envoy 4510 series onto my Minimac. Had to reinstall twice to get computer to recognize printer, which it now does. problem is that time from execution of print command (even recognition of such in printer task list, is glaciaaly slow, about 3 minutes to begin executing a 2 line test page. I do connect wirelessly, but all other functions on network are at normal spped.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@tanker97

A very warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you. 

I understand that you have an I understand that you have an HP ENVY 4510 All-in-One Printer. I read that you had to reinstall the printer drivers twice on your Mac to recognize the printer. The printer is connected wirelessly and it takes about 3 minutes for the printer to execute a print command. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. Not to worry, as I have a few suggestions.

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Is the printer kept very far from the router?
  • How is the copy speed on the printer? If the copy speed is good then the evidence indicates towards a drivers issue. 

Meanwhile, I did some research and suggest you to perform the following steps:

I see that the full featured drivers for this printer is not available on the HP website and are rolled out through an Apple update only. Please perform the following steps to install the inbuilt printer drivers in Mac:

• Please download the Mac inbuilt drivers from this link: http://hp.care/2flF56z.
  • From System Preferences, click on Print & Scan.
  • Click the Plus sign.
  • Select the listed ENVY 4500 e-All-in-One. 
  • Click the drop-down menu next to Use or Print Using and click on Select Printer Software.
  • Select the ENVY 4500 e-All-in-One. 
  • Click OK to confirm your selection and add the printer, then try printing using the configured print queue.

Hope these steps solve the issue. Feel free to let me know the results. All the best! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.