Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
deskjet 3632

i changed internet providers and now i cant get me printer to connenct to my wifi. i push the wifi butten and it will not stop flashing.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi! @gary79, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand you have issues connecting your printer to wireless.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Please try few steps recommended below.

First, make sure your computer is connected to your network.

If your printer is not currently connected to your computer, connect the USB cable between the computer and the printer.

Make sure your HP printer software is installed on your computer.

If your HP printer software is installed.

Click Start -> Programs -> HP -> -> Printer Setup & Software.

Launch the Printer Software from the Start screen (using the icon for your printer model) or from the tile named for your printer.
Select (click or touch) Utilities on the top of the Printer Software screen
Select Printer Setup & Software
Select Convert a USB connected printer to Wireless
Select “Convert a USB connected printer to wireless” from Printer Setup & Software or from the Welcome Back screen from the CD.
Carefully follow the instructions on the software screens. If you see a software screen prompt instructing you to connect the USB cable and the cable is already connected, check the checkbox which says “the USB cable is already connected”, and then continue.

The software may be able to automatically retrieve your wireless settings, which includes your network name and wireless password. If the wireless settings cannot be retrieved, you will have to pick your network name from a list of detected networks in your area and manually input your wireless password.

At the end of the process, you will be instructed to remove the USB cable.

Refer this article to know more information about converting USB to wireless.

If the issue still persists try resetting the printer.

Reset the printer.
1. Turn off the printer.
2. Unplug the power cord.
3. Wait a minute, and then plug the power cord back in.
4. Turn on the printer.

Hope this answers your query!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is not a good solution, I have a macbook and my printer does not have a chord that I can use to connect. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.