Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

usb lack of ports

HP Recommended
pavillioni 24/100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my pavillion all in one only has one usb port is it 3.0 if so is that why I cannot get it to work with my garmin navigation device over the usb.  It charges but will not update.  Can I add a usb hub to enlarge the usb capability

3 REPLIES 3
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
30,687 30,594 2,791 6,748
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Tedtuna

The USB 3x port hardware is backward-compatible with USB 2x devices, so if the Garmin is not working, there is some other issue that needs to be solved.

You should actually contact Garmin about this to see what they suggest.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Tedtuna
Author
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did call Garmin.  I tried my daughters old Gateway with windows 10 and it worked just fine was able to download Garmin Express and upload all the new maps for the Garmin.  

I did not see an answer for the second part of my question.  Can an usb hub be plugged in to increase the number of usb ports on this machine.

thanks bob

0 Kudos
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
30,687 30,594 2,791 6,748
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Tedtuna

Yes, a USB hub can be plugged into the PC to add more ports.

I have a hub that has both USB3x ports and USB2x ports -- as that gives me flexibility to use old and new USB devices.

The hubs with USB3x ports typically require external power.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation