Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavillon h8 1010
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I’ve a HP pavillon h8 1010 from many years, with windows 7 installed.

According to specifications, the PC includes a wifi card “802.11 wireless b/g/n PCI-E mini card”, that I’ve never used since the computer is connected via ethernet. Now I’m traying to activate the card, but I’ve realized that it does not appear in the device list of the control panel.

I’ve searched the HP site for a driver, and I’ve found for my computer the file sp53377.exe; but any attempt to install the driver ends with the statement: “Your System does not meet min requirements '9996”.

What are these min requirements ? I’ve plenty of memory, disk space and so on. How could I solve the problem and activate the wifi card ?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ferruccio

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns

If the WiFi Card is not getting detected in device Manager, then it means the computer is not recognizing the card

I suggest you attempt a BIOS default and check again in Device Manager

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.

2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.

3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.

4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.

5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?

6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer.

If you are comfortable opening the computer, you can follow the instructions on page 18-24 in this User Guide: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02871896 to open the computer and access the internal components

Look for the wireless card, remove it and put it back in firmly and check again in Device Manager

Wireless card - side view

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a great day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your support; I've reset the BIOS, but the card is still not recognized.

Cattura.JPG

I'd already tried to remove the card, but II did not succeed: too hard to remove manually, and I did not dare to use tools. How to proceed ? the card should be moved upward, tooward the SATA connectors, rights ?

HP Recommended

@ferruccio

Thanks for keeping me posted

I have sent you a private message with the next course of action

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.