Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (125 Views)

wifi disabled

Product Name: Hp 310 PC
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My older PC wifi will not come back on? I have tried to reset, restore. Tried resetting wifi router a well. No go.  Bought a new pC because I couldnt solve the issue on my own. 

Intern
Message 2 of 4 (103 Views)

Re: wifi disabled

So sorry you had to go through this route.

One of the things you could try if you havent:

Unisntall/Install latest driver

Depending on your Windows version, it may require HP connection software

If it hold true that the Wireless hardware component is defective, parts replacement are available without buying an entire PC replacement.

In addition to this , USB Wireless adapters are also widely available both from HP and big box stores. They are usually cheap compared to getting a new PC.

If you still have that PC, you could probably still restore it using a 10$ USB wireless adapter component installed in.

I am an HP employee
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (61 Views)

Okay so I have tried downloading and reinstalling the latest driver, it will not allow me to reinstall saying that the publisher is not allowed. How do I unistall to reinstall?

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 4 of 4 (57 Views)

The software is not onthe computer, exactly what id the driver number i need to reinstall?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation