bayouneophyte
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

wifi network does not work

HP Recommended
hp pavilion 24-b021
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My wi-fi network suddenly does not work or work intermittently.  The name shows up on the list, and shows full strength, but once i connect, it says no internet. or says its connected, but site will not connect.  The same network works with cell phone and other computers in the house.  

I've tried uninstalling realtek driver and rebooting but still does not work.  Also tried restoring to previous date before all this started, and it worked for a little while then messes up again. 

1 REPLY 1
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,398 2,342
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@bayouneophyte,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues with the Wireless connectivity on your HP PC. Don't worry we'll work together to find a solution for you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any software or hardware changes before the issue started?

Did this happen after an recent update or upgrade?

Are you able to connect to the internet using Ethernet connection?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here 
I have a few steps to resolve the issue:  

• Since you've already reinstalled drivers, I would recommend using an Ethernet cable (Wired) and update your Wi-Fi drivers using this link  

• Update the bios by visiting this link or through support assistant using an Ethernet cable.  

• Now try to connect to the internet wireless.    

The best way to do that is using the HP Guided Troubleshooter:  

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern). 

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation