hpantonio
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

wifi network icon missing but I can connect trough Local area connection

HP Recommended
pavillion p6607c
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

last month I used the Hp Recovery manager to make a system recovery in my desktop pavillion p6607c  it had a virus remove the virrus  working fine but during the hundreds of updates my wifi network icon dissapeared. I tried a couple of time to do a restore  but it didt work I tried as well the troublessoting site from hp didn't work neither. checked device manager no problems at all. reinstalled driver didn't work,  network and sharing center doesnt show the wireless conection. 

what can i do next that's as far as I can go. thaks for your help in advance....

windows 7 64 bit

5 REPLIES 5
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,611 3,965
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@hpantonio

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the WiFi network icon is missing and no longer connects to the wireless network, however, the wired connection works,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you attempt creating a new user account to check if that works?

Have you checked this PC with an alternate network? (Public library, cafe, etc...)

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:
Most people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network.

The best way to do that is using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
hpantonio
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried all the solution the website you recommeended me  but none of them fix it. I still dont have the wireless icon back  but still can use my local area conection....  thanks for your help  in advance...

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,611 3,965
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@hpantonio

Thank you for replying,

Are you telling me that you've completed all of the steps mentioned here: "Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern)."

If yes, Click here to fix common issues with the wireless internet and also run a test on the wireless card using this link: Click here

Let me know how that works out, keep me in the loop and Good luck! 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
hpantonio
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI i followed the link you sent me to diagnose if i have a wireless hardware. I followed instructions in device manager / network adapter  and this is what displayed?

Networking

LAN: 10-Base-T
  • Interface: Integrated into motherboard
  • Technology: Realtek RTL8201N
  • Data transfer speeds: up to 10/100 Mb/s
  • Transmission standards:10-Base-T Ethernet

does this mean I don't have a wireless card?  

how come I had before wireless signal and if thats the case  is there  a chance I can adapt a pci  wireless card to my desktop pc ?  I am so confused. thanks  for your help again ....

0 Kudos
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 487 951
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @ , I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @Riddle_Decipher, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for the reply and trying the steps suggested. Based on the specifications of your computer, your computer did not come with a wireless card. Click here for your computer specifications.  

Do you remember installing any wireless card on your computer?

As a work around, I would suggest you get USB wireless dongle if you would like to get wireless connectivity on your computer. 

Hope this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation