Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Slim desktop S01-PF, serial number is [personal info removed.]. It is good when use cable, download speed can reach 940M, but wifi is bad. I put the desktop beside my route , the wifi signal is very poor and unstable. Can't search any route signal when I move it  6 feet away from the route. I  have upgraded win10 but doesn't help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

WIFI can be very hard to get working or even be consistent day by day

wifi is  a shared resource, and is RF radio technology,  and can be jammed , by other errant devices at home, or close by neighbors. like old landline phones or old baby monitors and lots more , 2.4GHz interference. RFI it is called.

Etherenet works, and is best, at home. so wifi is topic 1.

wifi not so good.  can be a bad wifi card. (BUT WAIT)

what I do is run the program InSSIDer.exe.(click green box there)

That  proggy, (APP) will show you the WIFI HOOD.  and if others are jamming your channels

what I do here right now is see the high and low ends are a mess. (my hood, and worse every Year due to "internet of things" gone  wrong (too many) (THERE ARE BETTER ROUTERS TO DEAL WITH THIS)

so I put my router on channel 6 frozen 2.4GHz,  there, and wow works great.

it shows 5Ghz bands to and the lower bands channel # (RF) go through walls vastly better. chan, 40 works best here.

also test the router on other WIFI devices what if all things fail, on your router using wifi

all PCs

all cell phones

and all TVs.

reset the router first,  using line power AC cord only,?  it is warm safe boot of router. no configs changed ever.

some routers (OMG) with VOIP, ) have  battery inside, if seen remove it and leave it out,  the battery bad cause to router to go nuts. (i kicked my router to the curb, and no VOIP ever ever again. ),  

that is my wifi talk.

as you can see the tests are easy. so far.

Google  wifi stinks,  billion hits,  it is not only you.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

desktop pr name 300-0xx os win 10 64 bit card realtek  pcle gbe family controller wifi very weak. ethernet OK.  another pc beside (mac) wifi is OK.  Asking how to set realtek

HP Recommended

reset but don't  work. should be hardware problem,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.