xpdinosaur
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

xp 32 bit won't print to an HP Envy 5640

HP Recommended
hp envy
Microsoft Windows XP

I assume a 32 bit XP will just never print wireless to an HP Envy 5640? Any geek workarounds?

5 REPLIES 5
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
25,826 25,706 1,419 1,487
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@xpdinosaur

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are want to setup wireless connection on HP Envy 5640 Printer. I would like to help you resolve this issue.

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution.

• Did you try to setup wireless connection on the printer?
  • Are you getting any error message while setting up wireless connection?

Meanwhile:

Follow the below steps to setup wireless connection on printer with a Windows XP 32 bit computer.

Connect to the wireless network.

Use the printer's built-in Wireless Setup Wizard to walk you through finding your network name and entering the network password to connect the printer to your wireless network.

1. Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not already turned on.

2. On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon (). The Wireless Summary screen displays.

3. Touch the Settings icon (), and then touch Wireless Settings.

4. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard, and then follow the instructions on the control panel to connect the printer to your wireless network.

Download and install the printer software.

For the latest updates, HP recommends installing the most current version of your printer’s full feature software from the HP website. Repeat the steps to install the software on each computer that uses the printer wirelessly over the same network.

NOTE:

As an alternative method to downloading the software, you can use the installation CD.

1. Turn on the printer.

2. If your printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.

3. Go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads.

4. If prompted, select a method to identify your printer model, and then follow the on-screen instructions to go to the download page.

5. Click Download next to the full feature driver (recommended), or click Basic Drivers for other driver options.

Click here and refer the document for more assistance.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
xpdinosaur
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The dinosaur xp is on the same network as newer computers which print to the printer in question. The computer sees the printer and will send a job to it, but the printer does not respond and the job is not spooled in the printer. HP installation disc was used in addition to Printer and Fax add Wizard on the old xp. No error messages. The old xp is writing this message.

0 Kudos
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@xpdinosaur

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

I understand the issue better now.

Click here and follow the steps mentioned in HP Guided Solutions to fix the issue.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
xpdinosaur
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is a driver for 32bit XP.  Takes a little dancing 2 find it. Got it, installed it. it works.  XP and the Printer don't really like each other..job takes a long time to load....but that is just an old XP being what it is. Printer is fine. Problem solved well enough.

0 Kudos
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@xpdinosaur

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in feature if you need any assistance.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,

please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation