Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Chez86 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

0xc000021a windows won't boot on my desktop

Hp Pavillion
My computer came with windows 7 and I got a free upgrade to 8 and everything has been good up until 2 weeks ago.....the computer won't boot. It tells me there's a problem and that it's collecting data and will restart automatically and also has the code 0xc000021a. I can't get it to boot into safe mode and I also can't get past the error screen it just keeps trying to boot up. What can I do
5 REPLIES
Dean Dean
Dean
8796 793 2278
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post

Here is a guide on HOW TO FIX THIS. I do not/have not used Windows 8 or 8.1, so cannot verify this guide.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
0 Kudos
Chez86 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post

I have no windows 8 boot disk....I had 7 and they gave me a free down load of windows 8 so I don't have a cd to boot from....
0 Kudos
Dean Dean
Dean
8796 793 2278
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post

M$ has a support page to guide you on that

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-usb-recovery-drive

Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

0 Kudos
Chez86 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post

If I can't boot my computer how can I make a USB recovery drive
0 Kudos
Dean Dean
Dean
8796 793 2278
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post

Obviously using a working PC to make the recovery drive.  You can do it at a friends house or even the library.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation