Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Z800
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, friends

I am trying to find a network 10Gbit pcie adapter that works with HP Z800 and has driver for windows 7 and 10. 

The best one I could find is intel adapter X520. The problem is when I install the adapter on Z800 i keep getting error with memory slot 5. "unrecognized memory on slot" and the slot is disabled.

I think it is a conflict the adapter with the memory.

I can install the 10Gbit pcie X520 adapter with Z820, Z840 and other workstations from other brands even older than Z800 with no problem. The problem is only with Z800.

My questions is:

Wich is the a 10Gbit network adapter I can use with Z800 with no problem ?

Does any one know a solution or what is causing the problem with the intel x520 and Z800 ?

Thank you guys

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
Below documentation may help for your information https://shop.bechtle.de/medias/DtIH59mnGACpnfrDCBYV58-30. Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Hello

This document is very good and helps a lot. But it only describes to the Z840 line. I'm looking for some board approved for the older Z800.

Many thanks for the reply, Raj

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.