Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Teacher
Teacher
174 1 8
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

15-in-1 multimedia card reader doesnt show up in computer in windows 7

Hi,

My model no is HP Pavilion Slimline s3760in Desktop PC.  Previously i had vista home premium which came along with my pc and 15-in-1 multimedia card reader  was showing on computer and it was working fine. Recently i have installed windows 7 professional (clean installation without deleting factory image)  but i have noticed that 15-in-1 multimedia card reader doesnt show up on computer. it is displaying in device manager and computer management.  the device is working fine. even when i insert any multimedia card, then it shows the details of the card in computer but when i eject it, the card reader doesnt show up in computer. 

15-in-1 multimedia card reader

Supports the following cards:
  • Compact Flash I
  • Compact Flash II
  • IBM Microdrive
  • Memory Stick (MS)
  • Memory Stick Duo
  • Memory Stick Pro (PRO)
  • Memory Stick Pro Duo
  • MultiMediaCard (MMC)
  • MultiMediaCard Mobile (MMC mobile)
  • MultiMediaCard Plus (MMC plus)
  • Reduced size MultiMediaCard (RS-MMC)
  • Secure Digital (SD)
  • Secure Digital miniSD (Mini)
  • SmartMedia
  • xD Picture Card (xD)

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
PhD Student
PhD Student
945 50 137
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

In the Control Panel, open the Folder Options and click on the View tab.  Remove the checkmark next to Hide empty drives in the Computer folder, then click Apply.  Your card reader drives will now appear in Computer.  

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Expert - Consumer

Teacher
Teacher
174 1 8
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks a lot. Recently done many diagnosed in windows 7 and helped many friends but really forget about these checkmark next to "hide empty drives in the computer forlder". thanks once again and reminding me about it.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation