Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Student
Message 1 of 2 (3,074 Views)

2159m problem

I just got a 2159m and it's great, except for one thing.  For years, I have left my computer on all the time and just turned the monitor off when I'm not using it.  But when I do that with this monitor, it will not see a signal on the DVI or VGA ports when I turn it back on until I reboot my computer (I haven't tried the HDMI port).  I also tried just having Windows put the monitor to sleep after a set time, but it does the same thing when I try to wake it back up.  Does anyone have a solution for this?  I tried emailing HP tech support about this, but they just responed with instructions on how to put the computer in sleep mode.

Thank you.

Student
Message 2 of 2 (2,858 Views)

Re: 2159m problem

[ Edited ]

I just purchased one of these 2159m monitors KaveFish. Blows away my old vs19.

But I get the exact same problem. Sometimes it turns off after the Windows XP loading screen.

Then I have to put the PC into Standby mode using keystrokes Windows, U, S (no screen displaying).

When I hit a key, the monitor wakes up. Annoying.

It's a long link, but it might help.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00061509

Cheers,

2159Problems

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation