Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (407 Views)

23tm Monitor apparent touch dead spot

I have had a 23tm since Friday. It appears to have developed a "dead spot" in the middle third of the screen as far as touch goes. Is this likely to be some kind of configuration error or am I looking at a fault

I have x64 win 8.1

Thanks
0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 3 (394 Views)

Re: 23tm Monitor apparent touch dead spot

UPDATE : When the touch goes dead - it prevents me from selecting anithing.  It will however still allow swipes.  Also if I unplug the USB cable abd re-connect it will allow me to select again for 5 or 10 minutes

HP Support Agent
Message 3 of 3 (375 Views)

Re: 23tm Monitor apparent touch dead spot

[ Edited ]

Hi JaJaPuppy. This document is not exactly specific to your issue, but if this troubleshooting doesn't resolve your issue, I would recommended contacting support.

Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues in Windows 8:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03488148

HP technical support: 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation