Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My touchscreen PC has started to get "bubbles" on the left hand side of the display - almost as though someone is touching the screen.  It means that I can't use the touchscreen keyboard, but I also cannot use the wireless keyboard.

It is making the screen jump from app to app, makes the font on the screen randomly larger, and then randomly smaller; I cannot do even the most basic things when this glitch starts up.    It also prevents me from logging onto the pc in the first place.  (It doesn't happen all the time, but its getting more frequent)

What is wrong with this, and how do I fix this?

HELP...

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Greetings @DanielleP,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with the touchscreen, wireless keyboard and the screen randomly getting larger. Don't worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

May I know the operating system installed on your computer? (I believe you are using Windows 10)

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Recommend you to boot the computer to the startup menu or BIOS by tapping ESC or F10 repeatedly on startup.

If the bubbles are visible in BIOS or the startup menu, please contact our phone support for the hardware service options. 

If the bubbles are not visible in BIOS and the touchscreen is responding correctly. 

Please restart the computer and wait for the computer to boot to the desktop screen. 

Check if all the windows updates are installed. 

Run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers are updated. Click here to know more. 

Please follow this guided troubleshooter for touchscreen related issues and let me know how it goes. 

For wireless keyboard not responding, please try the steps suggested in this HP Article

Keep me posted. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Running Windows 10

Issue does not appear in BIOS

Restarted / Rebooted numerous times - no change

Yes, all windows and HP updates are up to date

Guided troubleshooter did not have any option close to the one I am having.

NO issue with keyboard or mouse - just display on left shows bubbles (look like touch spots) moving vertically upwards.  These then open programs, close programs, make the screen bigger / smaller, changes from application to application, mouse suddenly "somewhere else" on screen from a split second ago.

Nothing is working to resolve this....sorry

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. Could you please provide a screenshot of the issue you are facing. 

Recommend you to perform a push button reset on your computer and check.

To perform a reset, please click on the Windows button and click on settings. 

On the settings window, click on update and security. 

On the Update and Security window, click on Recovery and select Reset this PC and follow the on-screen instructions. 

Please refer to this HP Article for assistance. 

Keep me posted. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I can't. The circles that keep appearing make it impossible to do that. I am on my mobile now. I took a video of what's happening, but can't find anywhere to let me upload it
HP Recommended

This is what the bubbles look like.  It is impossible to use the PC, and I do NOT want to have f-disk this thingScreen showing bubbles.JPG

HP Recommended

Hi! @DanielleP, I am the MrRobot. It looks like you were interacting with @Chimney_83, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for your response and time.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

Please uninstall the graphics driver from device manager on your PC and install the latest version of display drivers.

Go to windows desktop

Hold Windows key + Letter R key.

Run dialog box would open type devmgmt.msc

Device manager window will open.

Expand display adapters.

Right click AMD Radeon drivers click uninstall.

Restart your PC.

And install the latest version of graphics driver using this link.

Let me know how it goes!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.