Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Prodesk 400G3 SFF Bus PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi HP

I have a HP Prodesk 400G3 SFF Business PC with 180 Watt PSU and was wondering if I could obtain a replacement PSU at 300 watt for a low profile graphics card - I was thinking about the nVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB HDMI DVI DisplayPort Low Profile Graphics Card - which requires 300 watts.

Would I be able to obtain or source it from HP? I am still within the warranty period.

Many thanks indeed!

Kind regards

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Hitfilm,

There are three 300W PSU's listed on HP PartSurfer.  Enter T4L81UT

Just google the different numbers.

Link failed.  Edited to correct.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thanks very muc for the amazing, rapid answer...I got the following search and have no idea what it means.

I intend to call HP in the morning (United Kingdom) and hope that they can source a 300 watt PSU for my particular model. I'll keep you posted as well- thank you.

Incidentally, am I right in thinking that with my model it is possible to upgrade my PSU?

PSU.jpg

HP Recommended

@Hitfilm,

My most humble apology.   I will list the numbers.

759763-001 ATX power supply unit (PSU) - Rated at 300-Watts (Gamay-S), regulated      

759764-001 300W power supply unit (PSU) - ATX form factor, Gamay-S, with active power factor correction (APFC)

759766-001 300W power supply unit (PSU) - ATX form factor, Gamay-S, Energy Star 5.0 rated

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Hi, @Hitfilm :

I am very skeptical about what the parts list shows for power supplies for the SFF.

I have used HP business desktop PC's for over 10 years now, and never have I found a SFF that had multiple options for a power supply.

I suggest you get confirmation from someone at HP because according to page 77 of the quickspecs below, there is only one power supply offered in the SFF -- 180 W.  Only the MT offers both 180 W and 300 W power supplies.

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04853085.pdf

HP Recommended

Thanks so much indeed for your response...you are quite right...checked with HP directly...this is their email...

This e-mail is in reference to case number: [edited]
According to the details you gave us, I did check thoroughly for the Power Supply unit with higher capacity. However for this unit, the only available PSU is 797009-001        SPS-P/S CHASAN 180W SFF E-STAR6.0 BRONZE which is already being used on the unit.

I tried calling you to inform the same, however, I'm not able to get in touch with you. Please provide us an alternate contact number so that I can get in touch with you.
Also, you informed you have upgraded the Graphics on the unit. May I know which is the graphics card you have added? Is it a HP part?

Regards,
Pavani | HP Inc. UK & I, RSA Customer Support

Looks as if I am stuck Smiley Sad

Know of any "decent" graphic cards for 180W PSU?...I need it only for video editing etc not for gaming...thank you!

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen,

Thank you.  Sometimes depending on HP to properly document a product can bite ya.

@Hitfilm,

Unplug the power cord, and open the case. Measure the PSU.

Athena has some SFF PSU's.  Look at Flex ATX first.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The parts lists are normally correct, but when I saw those 300W power supplies listed for the SFF product number, I just knew something was not right about that.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul

Thanks so much indeed...I shall certainly have a look at them...in the meantime I have been advised to consider the following graphic cards from HP for the current 180W model...

I apologize for the delay. Here are the details of the graphics cards compatible with the unit. Please have a check:

Part Number     Spare Part #    Description
M6V51AA         818869-001      NVIDIA Quadro NVS 310 1GB PCIe x16 Graphics Card
N3R90AA         822349-001      NVIDIA® GeForce® GT730 Graphics (PCIe x 😎 GX Card

Please get back to us if you have any queries regarding this.

Regards,
Pavani Bhat | HP Inc. UK & I, RSA Customer Support

Regards!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.