Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a wireless HP Officejet Pro 3610 I've been using with my  XP since I bought it in 2015. Just bought a new OS with wireless Win10. 

The printer works, but I have to keep rebooting eht tower to get it to work. Then when I go away from the computer the printer turns off completely. I have to unplug it from the power source and the back of the printer, reboot the tower, plug it back into the power source, then the printer to get it to work again. 

I've installed the software on the new tower, but noticed the software was not designed for Win 10.

Shouldn't there be a download I would need for my Win 10 to make my HP 3610 fully functional with Win 10? Perhaps an update on the drivers atleast?

NEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVERRRRRRRRRRRR MMMMMIIIINndddddd............. *sigh* I found the driver download. Sorry, I should have checked that first. Downloading it now. I'll be back if it doesn't work.

Well, I don't know what that did. Basically installed the software again. The only difference was when it asked to choose how to install, it did not give the option of "wireless", which is the way I'm installing it, so I was forced to pick "install later". It then tells you that when you're ready to install to Windows 8 (which I'm installing to Windows 10) to go to Start and tap on the HP icon. All that does is take you right back to the same screen asking you which option you wish to use to install...USB, wired, or later. Wireless is no longer an option!!! Lovely.

Gonna step away from it for a couple hours and see if it shuts off the printer again. I'll update the results.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@redbirdy

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Officejet Pro 3610 printer. I understand that your printer is losing connection and going to sleep mode and does not wake up and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

Yes check the printer status once you are back, if the issue is not fixed,

Follow the below steps.

• Set the default printer and unpause printing.
  • Reset the printer and check the connection status.
  • Update the printer firmware.
  • Create a manual connection.
  • Add the printer using HP Printer Assistant.

Click here and follow the document to perform above mentioned troubleshooting steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Sandytechy2,

Thanks for your info. I thought DLing the driver was the fix. It seemed to stay on longer, but I was gone all day yesterday and when I came home late last evening it was AGAIN powered off. *sigh*

This time I cycled off my gateway, which I had not done before. I Uninstalled the printer software and followed all the steps as if I had just brought the printer home from the store, including downloading the up to date driver file. The power has stayed on through the night, so crossing fingers and toes and anything else I can cross (legs and eyes, etc., etc.) hoping it stays powered on. If it doesn't I will try the link you have provided.

I will update you either way.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi @ redbirdy, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @sandytechy20, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for the reply, trying the suggested steps. Please do observe your printer and let me know how it goes. 

If you the issue persists after the firmware update, you can assign a static IP to the printer and resolve the issue. 

• Obtain the IP address of the printer (which can found by pressing the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel)
  • Enter the IP address on the web browser (Ex: chrome, IE) to enter the printer EWS page.
  • Go to the “Network” tab, click on “Wireless (802.11) then click on “Network address (IPV4)
  • Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
  • Click on the radio button which says “Manual DNS server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

Let me know how it goes. 

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So far I have not had to try your suggestions Sandytechy2.

Seems what I tried (uninstalling the HP software, rebooting my gateway, reinstalling the HP software as if I just bought the printer, as well as DLing and installing the updated drivers,etc.) is working. The power has stayed on so far. YAY!

But if for some reason it decides to shut off again, I'll head back here again.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, please do observe your printer. Assign a static IP as suggested if the issue reoccurs. 

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.