cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Bobd4u
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

4 corupt osiris files. Macfee says I must contact manufacture for a fix. HP Compaq 6200 Small form

HP Recommended
HP Compaq 6200 Small Form
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I picked up a virus and went to my virus protect vender MacFee . It appears 4 osiris files are not functioning. It went to 2 levels at Macfee and they verified that my computer is virus free and these files can only be replaced by HP. The file numbers are long and it would best to scan and send via e-mail.

Hope you can help.

3 REPLIES 3
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
11,051 7,947 1,032 2,572
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Those files, if you Google "osiris files", are associated with what is commonly know as ransomware.  Also, in that Google search, are methods to fix that problem.  If if was me, I would wipe the hard drive and reinstall the OS clean to get rid of that problem.  IMHO,  It will be back if it is not completely removed.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Bobd4u
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I spoke to the remanufacturing company that does the work for Tigre Dirrect and she claims they can wipe the hard drive clean and restore it to the original factory settings over the phone.

Is that a good remedy?

TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
11,051 7,947 1,032 2,572
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That is the safest way to rid the computer of an infestation .  Keep in mind any data that is important to you will probably be eradicated along with the malware.  It would be handy if you keep the recovery disk if they send one. By this " she claims they can wipe the hard drive clean and restore it to the original factory settings over the phone." You might want to elborate on what is actually done when you post back with the results of that procedure.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation