Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

There hard to mix up the CPU fan conector is right at the front right under the CPU fan so no they are not mixed up tks

HP Recommended

> They're hard to mix up. 

But not impossible -- that is why I asked.

> The CPU fan conector is right at the front right under the CPU fan.

Good. Now, verify that the rear chassis fan is connected to the connector labelled "chassis".

Is there more than one connector labelled "chassis" ?

> So no they are not mixed up.

Good.  Got another system with the identical motherboard? 

Can you pull the chassis-fan from that other system, and connect it to the "bad" motherboard?

HP Recommended

The rear chassis fan is in the power supply so all I would be doing is exchanging power supplies?

HP Recommended

I'm thinking you don't know much abput HP 8000 and 6000 series desktop computers can you pass my inquires on to someone who is fimaliar with the product!!!

HP Recommended

> can you pass my inquires [sic] on to someone who is fimaliar [sic] with the product!!!

Sorry, but I am not now, and never have been, an employee of HP.

Therefore, I cannot oblige.

Usually, the "rear-chassis-fan" has a 3-wire cable to the power-connector labelled "chassis" on the motherboard.

Normally, the fan inside the power-supply draws its own power -- not needing a "loop-back" connection.

HP Recommended

From page 1 of: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01883661

Capture.JPG

and on the same page:

Capture.JPG

where CHFAN2 supplies power to the REAR CHASSIS FAN assembly, not to the fan inside the power supply (not shown).

HP Recommended

(where CHFAN2 supplies power to the REAR CHASSIS FAN assembly, not to the fan inside the power supply )

the CHFan2 connection is not used in this application as the rear fan is power by the main power supply(white 4Pin)above it

HP Recommended

> the CHFan2 connection is not used in this application ...

But the BIOS settings have enabled the motherboard to check that connection, and so the error-message is generated, because nothing is connected.

As an "experiment", temporarily connect a chassis-fan to that CHFAN2 connector, and reboot, to see if the error-message is still produced.

HP Recommended

ok I just happen to have one I'll have to wait as I;m running HP system check from the support down load page it says the system board is good it was the first test I ran 

HP Recommended

YES that worked no more messages and direct boot when I down loaded the BIOS update it must have been for a full size desktop with a rear fan not a SSF 8200 elite now how do I get back to the orginal correct BIOS i notice when I installed the update it stored the old BIOS somewhere how do i find it and reinstall .Thank you so much now we know what the problem is it should be an easy fix I await your instructions sorry for doubting you but you didn't seem fimiliar with the product ie fan was in the power supply and HP blocking BIOS on their business computers once again I appoligize!!!!!!Thank you for bearing with me I was just getting frustrated.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.