Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

On the hp website it stated that the i7 2600 is supported, now that I tried it

on boot the screen says unsupported cpu installed

and it justs shuts down, I already upgraded the bios

any suggestions that I can do to resolve this?

thanks in advance

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

An Intel Core i7 2600(95W TDP) and 2600s (64W TDP) is supposed to be supported. Are you certain that what you installed is not an Intel Core i7 2600k instead?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi

it is the Intel Core i7 2600(95W TDP) .  This is very frustrating to try get this going, I thought that the BIOS update would have fixed, it has worked for me in the past.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Here are the specs for your HP TouchSmart 520-1030 Desktop Computer and its IPISB-NK (LavacaSB) motherboard. Note that 520-130 CPU upgrade information states;

Core i7-2600 (Sandy Bridge) quad core95W
Core i7-2600s (Sandy Bridge) quad core65W
Core i5-2500 (Sandy Bridge) quad core95W
Core i5-2400 (Sandy Bridge) quad core95W
Core i5-2400s (Sandy Bridge) quad core65W
Core i5-2300 (Sandy Bridge) quad core95W
Core i3-2120 (Sandy Bridge) dual core65W
Core i3-2100 (Sandy Bridge) dual core65W
Core i3-2100t (Sandy Bridge) dual core35W
Intel Pentium G860 (Sandy Bridge) Dual Core65W
Intel Pentium G850 (Sandy Bridge) Dual Core65W
Intel Pentium G840 (Sandy Bridge) Dual Core65W
Intel Pentium G630 (Sandy Bridge) Dual Core 65W
Intel Pentium G620 (Sandy Bridge) Dual Core 65W
Intel Pentium G630T (Sandy Bridge) Dual Core35W
Intel Pentium G620T (Sandy Bridge) Dual Core 35W

and motherboard CPU upgrade information states;

Core i7-2600s (Sandy Bridge) quad core65W
Core i5-2400s (Sandy Bridge) quad core65W
Core i3-2120 (Sandy Bridge) dual core65W
Core i3-2100 (Sandy Bridge) dual core65W
Core i3-2100t (Sandy Bridge) dual core35W
Intel Pentium G860 (Sandy Bridge) Dual Core65W
Intel Pentium G850 (Sandy Bridge) Dual Core65W
Intel Pentium G840 (Sandy Bridge) Dual Core65W
Intel Pentium G630 (Sandy Bridge) Dual Core 65W
Intel Pentium G620 (Sandy Bridge) Dual Core 65W
Intel Pentium G630T (Sandy Bridge) Dual Core35W
Intel Pentium G620T (Sandy Bridge) Dual Core 35W

Looks like there may be a discrepency with the specs. Based on the motherboard specs, I would say the max TDP is 65 watts and 95 watt CPUs won't work. You need someone from HP to step up and research the max TDP of the board.

Frank

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended
hello, its Core i7-2600s (Sandy Bridge) quad core 65W TDP will be compatible. i did with my hp 520-1030 touchsmart. it have a mother board which can only support upto 65W TDP (Pagatron IPISB-NK (LavacaSB) motherboard)
HP Recommended

Hy, exscuse for my poor english...I'm an Italian man...... I seem to understand that there is a mistake on the characteristics of my desktop all in one 520  1108 el ...... i wanna to upgrade my intel cpu i5 , and I bought a cpu intel i7 2600k .... I suppose it is 95w tdp .... although among the features of the motherboard IPISB-NK (LavacaSB) is within the cpu compatible 2600S 95w, I read that someone else has had problems installing it, one of your technical support said that it is a compatibility error because only up to 65W tdp are fine. the error shown on the display is "cpu not supported." All this is true?

HP Recommended
Hello castellino61,

Here is a link to the Product specifications for your Touchsmart along with processor upgrade information
http://goo.gl/a2TFV

Core i7-2600 (Sandy Bridge) quad core 95W
Core i7-2600s (Sandy Bridge) quad core 65W

The 2600k is not even listed as a supported processor so the CPU may not support it. Try getting a 2600 at 95w or the 2600s at 65w.

CPU's can be hard to get returned, but often if you work with the company that was bought from they can often work with you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
HP Recommended

So no one from HP stepped in and confirmed this?? I would also be interested to know about whether a i7 2600 is incompatible due to it being tdp 95w. Anyone HP??

HP Recommended

@Cpuboss

This is a Peer to Peer support forum,  unlike a forum where you can always have an interface with actual technical service representatives (FSE's). 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

No worries, I checked it out. I got confused as someone listed the 520-130 spec above instead of the 520-1030. The 520-1030 does indeed only support the i7 2600s tdp 65W max.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.