cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
jliebe954 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

8000 CMT CD-Rom drive and power cables shorting out and burning

8000 CMT
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi there,

Just curious if anyone else is seeing the issue of the CD-Rom drives and the SATA power cord connecting the drives shorting out and smoking pretty badly.

Please respond if you know of the issue. Thanks8000 CMT CD-Rom drive burnt.jpg

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
8,219 6,895 449 842
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages, this post
has instructions.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
radino Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Malygris,

I appreciate that you are reached out to the original post, however I experienced the same thing currently on 3 machines.  The latest one had the fire department and EMS involved.  Is this a known issue?  Any info you have would be greatly appreciated as we have a bunch of these machines on our campus and need to make sure this isn't a bigger issue.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
8,219 6,895 449 842
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @radino

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I have just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages, this post has instructions.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation