cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ksaves2
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

810-135qe Stops Functioning Power On

HP Recommended
Envy Phoenix 810-135qe
Windows 7

Phoenix 810-135qe problem with a 7 month old machine.  When the power on button is pushed, the lights come on in the tower and switch lights.  The hard drive starts to spin and then there's what sounds like a

relay "click" and the machine powers off.  It continues in this cycle every 2 to 3 seconds until the power cord

is pulled.  On/off, on/off, on/off.  No beep codes heard either.

Nothing comes up on the screen though the monitor is turned on and nothing flashes on the keyboard.

Computer has been running well behind a hardware firewall and there was no "odd" behavior noted before this happened.  We're in the midst of winter so there were no lightning strikes to stress the surge protector.   Sunday the computer ran nominally, Monday morning it started the behavior above.  I'm stumped.  Kurt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,332 18,958 2,930 9,355
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Kurt, welcome to the forum.

My first thought is a failing power supply unit (PSU).  If you have access to another PSU, it would be good to try it.  It is difficult to troubleshoot problems when the computer won't continue to run.  Here is a guide that will give you some suggestions before replacing the PSU.  If none of the suggestions solve your problem, you should contact HP Customer Support for help.  You want to use the warranty.

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
5 REPLIES 5
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Kurt, welcome to the forum.

My first thought is a failing power supply unit (PSU).  If you have access to another PSU, it would be good to try it.  It is difficult to troubleshoot problems when the computer won't continue to run.  Here is a guide that will give you some suggestions before replacing the PSU.  If none of the suggestions solve your problem, you should contact HP Customer Support for help.  You want to use the warranty.

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

View solution in original post

ksaves2
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok,

Thanks,  I'll try some of the tricks tonight.  My DSL modem lost some license settings on reboot at home so internet is down.  The modem is 13 years old, the company's defunct and time for a replacement.  The hardware firewall that

required a "license" addition won't work.  The bare modem works but the nefarious start pinging/attacking it within minutes.

I called support but I was referred to email and this board.  Is there a different place to contact if I have to get a new PSU

under warranty?

Kurt

old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are welcome.

Yes, if you need a new PSU, you should contact HP Customer Service for help.

ksaves2
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fixed! Power switch reset with everything disconnected brought 'er back to life. New DSL modem came today so

I'm doing this at home.  Thanks for the help.  Kurt

old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are welcome.  I am glad thay you got the computer running again.  I know what a relief it is to solve a problem.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation