cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Level 4 Phil_N
Level 4
69 69 4 11
Message 11 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

8100 elite won't power down

Yes try running sfc /scannow. It will search for any integrity violations in your registry.

run the command sfc /scannow in a command prompt. Make sure you run the cmd.exe as administrator.

-Phil

I am an HP Employee
Level 14
Level 14
6,936 6,932 719 2,764
Message 12 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please try the steps in the following weblink:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03383935

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
0 Kudos
LDHWPB
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 13 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Phil,

The scan completed and nothing found it displayed 100%.

Anything else I should try?

:generic:

0 Kudos
Level 4 Phil_N
Level 4
69 69 4 11
Message 14 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

To be honest at this point I would think the best plan would be to see if the issue is re-occurring once rolled back to win 7. I understand that this is not necessarily a small task, but I think the best thing to do is to make sure it's not hardware and that it works with windows 7. Something may have installed incorrectly when upgrading to 10.

I am an HP Employee
LDHWPB
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 15 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank You, I guess I will try that.

I will post to let you know.

:catindifferent:

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation