cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Mirkoelettronic Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

8200 elite Parallel port not run

Hi to all,

On my elite8200 I can not run the LPT port on my windows7 64bit port with the address but F0E0 wrong with the management software for a CNC machine.
In the bios (updated) I can only edit the IRQ of the serial port (it looks like prunes A) For the parallel port can only choose between Standard ECC + ESP etc..
Does anyone know help me?
thank you very much

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Provost Provost
Provost
9524 9521 886 2578
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Perhaps a more complete model number would help.  In looking with that  limited model number there are several listed, even an AIO unit.  In the models such as the small form factor model, there is no parallel port ( which is normally  LPT ) shown.  What actual output port is being addressed as the LPT?

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.
These are the numbers of the PC
Product Number: QD009EP, not a mini pc.
The LPT port is connected with a flat cable into the back of the PC, the driver that is currently installed (automatically) is 'intel active management technologists - SOL' and the I / O range F0E0 - F0E7

Thanks for your interest

0 Kudos
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have news ??

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
9524 9521 886 2578
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was really hoping someone would jump in to help.  I cannot find any information to indicate the condition you describe.  Since this is a Business Center type PC, it could be something special purchased.  Unless you can do some investigation of your own, find out where that flat cable is connected internally, either on a card or to the motherboard, and report back.  I cannot help.  Maybe take a picture of the external end connector and also a picute of where/what the internal destination is.  A model number of the motherboard wouldn't hurt either, assuming you venture inside to get the information.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
0 Kudos
DanDudeAmiga Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Intel Active Management Technology - SOL is the COM3 port or the hardware wasn't installed correctly in which possibly Windows took over virtually.  Look for the entry ECP Printer Port (LPT1).  If it does not show up, do the following:

1. shut down.  Open lid.  Ensure that the parallel connector is correctly installed (connected to both rows of pins with key matched).

2. Enter BIOS configuration (F10).  Go to the Advanced tab and select Onboard Devices to see both Parallel Port and Serial Port A assigned to a specific interrupt.  Save & exit.  If you do not see the Parallel entry, you may have a defective or wrong parallel port interface installed.  Verify this inside another Elite tower if you have an extra or someone else's.

3. Allow Windows to boot and logon.  Go to Device Manager and verify that ECP Printer Port (LPT1) entry is present.  If you have the same results, uninstall the driver and reboot PC.  Repeat step 3.

Note: The Elite PC has an auto-detection method, so when the optional parallel or serial interface is correctly installed, it will be recognized and assigned.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation