cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

A blue HP Update partial box keeps appearing w/no update available-cannot remove box

HP Recommended

I have an HP Pavilion dv7 with windows xp.  The HP Update box appears every week or so and I it not quite a full box with several missing letters of the right side.  It came up today and I just checked an did an update 7/27 with the next one scheduled for 8/27.  I just want to get rid of the box!  I've tried right clicking, left clicking, enlarging, making smaller and nothing works.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 9
3,551 3,395 279 526
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello sg1560,

Have you ever had multiple monitors connected to this computer? I wonder if the box is half displaying off the screen where it think another monitor exists.

When the blue box appears, press ctrl + shift  + esc

Does it show up in task manager?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
33,119 26,500 2,406 8,718
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I usually just drag it to the lower corner of the screen where it is out of the way, but seeing this post made me look a bit harder.  The box is associated with the hpwuSchd.exe * 32 process and killing that in the task manager makes it go away.

update3.png

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

Highlighted
Level 9
804 727 111 437
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI sg1560,

Does the problem look like the issue shown in this document?

I believe it is also covered in this document, in a section titled "The HP Update is cut off at the bottom".  I've 

copied the relevant steps from that document below for Windows XP.  There are also steps in the document to turn off automatic updates if nothing else works.

Windows XP
  1. Right-click an open area of the desktop, and select Properties . A Display Properties window opens.
  2. Click the Settings tab, then click Advanced .'
    An Advanced Settings window opens.
  3. On the General tab, select Normal size (96 DPI) from the drop-down list, and then clickOK .

I am an HP Employee.
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation