Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Dhanaypl Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A small black line on newly bought hp 22es monitor.

hp 22es
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I just bought Hp 22es Ips monitor, installed and  and I see a very small black line one my display when its turned on, made sure its not a scratch on the surface and  probably may not be a dead pixel as when I view it from 178 degree angle I can see pixel working behind or inside that line. As seen in the images below-

1) When viewed from front-

DSC_0142.JPG

2) from viewing angle

DSC_0142.JPG

But I am confused what to make of it, Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17773 17725 1438 2460
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A small black line on newly bought hp 22es monitor.

@Dhanaypl

Welcome to the HP Forums,
I hope you're well :)

As I understand there is a line on the display,

And it appears to be similar to a dead pixel, however, I would recommend you follow the below steps to be on a safer side:

1. Connect an external monitor to the notebook. For instructions on connecting an external monitor, see Connecting a Monitor, Projector, or TV (Windows 10, 8).

2. If the computer screen does not automatically display on the external monitor, press F4 (or the key with this symbol) until the screen image displays.

3. If an image displays on the external monitor without the line, there might be a graphics driver conflict with the notebook LCD display. With the external monitor connected, go to HP Customer Support to download and install the latest graphics and chipset drivers for your specific computer. If there is an updated BIOS version available, use the steps in Updating the BIOS to install it.

If you have updated the chipset and graphics drivers and BIOS, but the notebook display still remains black, the LCD might be defective. Contact HP for technical assistance or send the notebook for service.

Let me know how that pans out,
I hope you have a good day ahead,
And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation