Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
artsyklaire Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

AIO Fan is Constantly Running and Loud

HP 22-b052 AIO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just received a new HP 22-b052 AIO yesterday and as soon as I started it up, I could hear the fan on the left side (or right side from the back) constantly running. The sound from far away is unnoticeable but when I'm in front of it, it is loud. Is this normal for HP AIO (All in One)? I called HP tech support and spent hours recovering and reinstalling BIOS, running hardware tests but to no avail. 

Also, could I replace the fan? Is this PC customizable, would I be able to switch out the mobo and CPU (and of course fan)?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17773 17725 1438 2457
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

AIO Fan is Constantly Running and Loud

@artsyklaire

Thank you for joining HP Forums.
I'll be glad to help you,

As I understand the fan is constantly running, loud and you want to know if that normal, if not customize the parts.

If the sound isn't excessive it's normal, however, if it is loud and can't be heard from far away as well, you might want to follow the steps on this link: Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly, PC is Warmer than Normal (Although the header is different, it resolves issues on windows 10 computer as well).

In my opinion, you may contact the phone support for a free part replacement if any of the steps confirm a hardware failure (if your PC is within the hp warranty).

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues.
If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon.
Both icons are below this post.

Have a good day, Ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation