cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ImageTrend_Pete Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

AP5000 & Windows10

AP5000
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Recently all of our POS machines have started to ask when we would like to schudule an upgrade to windows 10, Is this even supported? if so has anyone successfully upgraded their AP5000 to windows10?

There are no supported drivers out in the support section and I thought I would ask before attempting this upgrade. Thanks for the help! 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Regents Professor Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4,363 4,287 441 1,091
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

AP5000 & Windows10

1. Upgrade to Windows 10 is possible [You don't require license key]

2. We do not have required drivers as of now for Windows 10 in the HP Support Site

3. You might face compatibility issues when it comes peripherals used with the Unit

4. You may have to download required drivers from the manufacturer's website for each hardware component

If you dont like Windows 10 after the upgrade and if you want to switch back to Windows 7, you have to do a clean install using Recovery Media Disks or USB Recovery Media

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

K N R K

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
wagiera Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

AP5000 & Windows10

So, HP has abandoned all ap5000 units out there that want to upgrade to Windows 10.  Pretty lame, HP.  You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.  Last HP units going anywhere in our chain.

0 Kudos
Grad Student Grad Student
Grad Student
227 223 21 55
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

AP5000 & Windows10

Hi @ImageTrend_Pete,

Microsoft is making Windows 10 upgrade available for compatible devices that are running genuine Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or Windows 8.1 Update.

Any unit which meets the prerequisite to upgrade Windows 10, will be getting the Upgrade Notification.

As Windows 10 OS is not tested on this unit from hp end, hence there are no Drivers available on hp website for the same.

Post Windows 10 Upgrade, generic drivers will be installed automatically and for any specific drivers you may have to download it directly from the component vendor website.

And just for information, I just checked the service life period for this unit and found out that this unit is already retired in July, 2012.

I hope that answers your question. 🙂

I am an HP employee, the opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to acknowledge the post ***

0 Kudos
wagiera Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

AP5000 & Windows10

When we tried to run under WIN 10 the touch screen function stopped working.  Since that's pretty important for a POS we had to do a full restore of WIN 7.

BTW:  Just because it's "retired" from production does not mean it should be abandoned.  Bad business plan.  No wonder HP is falling apart.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation