cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ATI Radeon not working after bios update

HP Pavilion 23-q168d
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI,

I bought a pvilion 23-q168d few days ago everything was running good. Hp assistance showed bios update that i did. and after updating my ati radeon is not working. when i uninstall ati drivers its working smooth with built in intel graphics. but as i again install ati driver i cannot run any game and its giving error. I tried to reset my pc still same problem exist. i gave a clean reset. now what i do. I dont know the stock bios version so i could try to see if it fixes the problem. Please kindly help me out.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
46,985 41,243 4,502 11,747
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Use Windows Explorer. Click on Local Disk C: to see if there is a directory called SWSetup. If you updated by using an HPO soiftpaq it should be there.

Since you PC is recent  it should have the PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI envioronment installed. 

Press the power button and immediately start tapping the Esc key to invoke the startup menu. 

In the startup menu press the F2 key to invoke the PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI. 

HPDiag.jpg

Click on Firmware Management. At the next window you should see the option to rollback the BIOS.  Click on it to return the installed BIOS to your previous one.

I am not an HP Employee.
You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply was the information you were looking for that helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped by clicking on the
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks. But i already gave it to the local hp to check. If they fail i will tell your way if that works. Thanks and i will let you know ltr. Thankyou again.
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation