Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Lia101230
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Hello goodevening, im a student at state university in the philippines. I just want to ask about remote desktop. I can't successfully open my laptop. Everytime i enter my password it always says that remote desktop services is currently busy. Try to open it i a few minutes. I just do it open it i a few minutes, restart it, remove my battery on my laptop but the program still says about remote desktop. I hope someone could help me. I have a lot of very important files on my laptop. So thank you very much
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Please tell us more.

Are you using a laptop computer "inside" a university network?

Are you trying to open a remote connection to a computer on a different network?

Is somebody else already logged-on to the remote computer?

HP Recommended
No i dont ever use any network inside university.

No, i dont.

No.
HP Recommended

> No i don't ever use any network inside university. No, i don't. No. 

Help us!  Please tell us more about what hardware you have, how each computer is connected to the Internet, what you are trying to do, and what error-messages (or other symptoms) that you see.

HP Recommended

@Thalia1998

I don't know if this will help, because you haven't told us HOW you are logging into Win10 or what OS your laptop is running -- but recently, I rejoined the Win10 Insider program, and following MS recommendations, I used my MSN account to login.  I usually use a LOCAL account.

A few weeks later, when I was trying to network to another local PC, I discovered that no matter what networking settings I had, I could not connect.  I could SEE the other devices on my local network, but I could not connect to them.

Posting in Win10 forums yielded no useful results -- until I was told to try changing the login on my Win10 Inside instance to LOCAL.  I did that, and when I rebooted, I could NOT not only see, but also ACCESS the other PCs on my local network.

So, it EITHER of the PCs is using an MSN login (the one where you see an email address on the login screen), change them to LOCAL logins to see if that corrects the problem.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi, GoodEvening. thank you my laptop is okay now, but my drivers are  incomplete like i can't adjust my brightness eventhough i have my function keys and a settings to adjust it. i dont know how i will default this.

my System type is 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor. Windows 10 Home Single Language

thanks a lot 

HP Recommended

> Product Name: Lia101230

> My System type is 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor. Windows 10 Home Single Language

I cannot match your product-name with any HP product.

Check the HP "decal" on the bottom/back of your computer.

> my laptop is okay now, but my drivers are  incomplete

Open the Windows "Device Manager", to display your hardware and your device-drivers.

Open the Windows "Snipping Tool", and grab a "snapshot" of what you see, like:

Capture.JPG

to show us what is "missing".

Within Windows 10, you can "personalize" the brightness of a laptop's display-screen.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.