cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ptabour Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Added video card... and onboard video disabled?

HP Pavilion p6-2127c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, and thanks in advance for reading this.  At the shop I work at, we'd like to run three monitors on this Pavilion.  Nothing crazy in terms of video requirements - normal desktop stuff and YouTube videos.

The onboard Radeon doesn't have all the ports I needed, so I picked up a GeForce 8600GS card from EVGA with 1gb of onboard memory (thinking that I'd just run the 3rd screen off of it).

Now it seems the onboard Radeon is disabled.  I get two screens lit up properly when they're plugged into the EVGA card, but nothing when I connect them to the onboard ports.

I assume one of three things has happened:

1. The onboard card is automatically disabled when a discrete card is installed.

2. I can't run these particular AMD and nVidia cards in the same box (which would be my screwup, I realize).

3. Something I haven't thought of yet.

Anyone know what's wrong and how I'd go about getting what I want (ideally both cards active)?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
102,690 96,766 14,996 23,097
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Added video card... and onboard video disabled?

Hi:

Your #1 is the reason.  The onboard graphics is automatically disabled when an add on vide card is installed.

No way around it.

Below is the link to the product specs page for your PC.  Under the video graphics section it indicates that the onboard video is disabled when a graphics card is added.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-p6-Desktop-PC-series/5187028/model/5258432/document/...

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation